This Chicken and Corn Curry is an easy, family friendly and delicious dinner recipe you’ll have on the table in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 14.5 oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can Libby’s Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened lite coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2-3 stalks green onion, washed and diced
- Serving suggestion: serve over cooked brown rice or quinoa
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and onion and saute over medium heat until the onion begins to soften. Add in the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder, diced tomatoes, corn and coconut milk. Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with diced green onion. Serve over cooked brown rice or quinoa (optional).
If the sauce isn’t thickening, whisk together 1-2 Tablespoons corn starch with 1/4 cup luke warm water. Add to the curry and stir until mixed in and sauce thickens.
Nutrition info is for the curry alone; it does not include the brown rice.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of the recipe
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 425
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg