These gluten-free, vegan mini Almond Granola Cups are the perfect bite-sized snack. Low-carb and with 2 grams of protein per cup, these are a healthy option for anytime of the day!
I was at Costco the other day, perusing the snack section when I came across a new product I hadn’t seen before. They were Nature Valley Granola Cups with Almond Butter. Feeling like I needed them in my life I decided to buy them. Fast forward to me taking them out of the box, unwrapping a package and eating them. I have to admit they are pretty good. My only complaint is they are pretty crunchy and hard to bite into. But that might be because I have braces and am more sensitive to hard, crunchy things for the time being.
Nevertheless, I thought to myself, “I could just make these myself!” So that’s exactly what I did. I made a copycat version of their little treat. And let me tell you, I hit the nail on the head with this one. And mine aren’t so hard to bite into. My teeth and orthodontist will be thanking me for that one.
The base of the recipe is made with almonds and oats. Pretty simple. I love simple. I love oats…and almonds. I love making things with whole foods. I love cooking and baking. I love making things healthier yet still tasting delicious. I love sharing my love of cooking and baking with all of you! I love my readers!
Sorry for that little tangent and slightly off topic paragraph.
Anywho – back on topic. I freaking love these little cups. They are low carb, gluten free, and if you use almond milk are vegan. And guess what – I even used some regular ole’ brown sugar in this recipe and there are still only 8 grams of carbs per cup. Healthy fats, 2 grams of protein, whole grains and a whole lotta goodness all in one little Almond Granola Cup. Seriously, all I want to do is make these all. day. long. Obsessed much? YES!
GF, vegan, low-carb & tasty Almond Granola Cups Click To Tweet
If you haven’t make anything from my blog yet, you should definitely make these. Then go find a few other recipes to try. 😉 And don’t forget to come back and let me know what you think!Print
These gluten-free, vegan mini Almond Granola Cups are the perfect bite-sized snack. Low-carb and with 2 grams of protein per cup make these ideal for anytime of the day!
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons unsweetend almond milk (can use dairy milk if not making vegan)
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter, divided
- chopped almonds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a mini muffin tin by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine the rolled oats and almonds. Turn on the food processor and blend until the oats and almonds are finely ground. Add the brown sugar, salt and baking soda. Pulse until combined. Add the coconut oil and pulse again until the coconut oil is evenly distributed and combined throughout the mixture. Add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time and mix until the dough starts to form a ball.
- Taking approximately 1 tablespoon at a time, press the dough down into the mini muffin cups. Using your thumb, press down the middle of each cup making a mini cup out of the dough.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, place 1/2 teaspoon almond butter into each cup. Sprinkle chopped almonds on top for garnish. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 79 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg