This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BetterWithCraisins #CollectiveBias
Humans are creatures of habit. We tend to do things the same way, say things a certain way and eat the same things day in and day out. I usually have a few foods or ingredients on hand in my pantry at all times. Because I use these items a lot I like to keep them stocked for when I need them.
What exactly is my pantry always stocked with? Probably way too many things, but a few I always have on hand include nuts, oats, dried fruit, seeds, whole grains, and of course dark chocolate. 😉 Some of these items I shop for in bulk because it costs less and I don’t have to go out for it as often. My inspiration for this recipe today comes from one of my pantry staples: Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries.
For all you Sam’s Club members, I’ve got sad news: previously, Craisins® Dried Cranberries were available at many local Sam’s Club, but some clubs no longer carry them (insert sad face). The good news? They can still be found at other retailers (insert happy face)! I picked up my bag at my local Wal-Mart where the rollback price is $4.98 for a 24 oz package!
Craisins® Dried Cranberries make EVERYTHING taste better and make living a healthy lifestyle more fun and enjoyable. I use dried cranberries in many things, including homemade trail mix, baked goods, parfaits, salads, lunch wraps, and more!
Today I’m sharing a Cranberry Chia Chocolate Chip Granola Bar with you all. The ingredients in this are ones that I always have on hand in my pantry – no need to go to the store for these babies!
With wholesome ingredients, you can be sure to feel good about eating these Cranberry Chia Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. They work great in lunch boxes, as game day snacks, pre- or post-workout fuel, after school treat, or as part of a quick grab and go breakfast!
These granola bars are soft, chewy and no bake! Just mix up the ingredients, put them in a pan and place them in the refrigerator. The only hard part is waiting for them to set up!
While you’re waiting, you can read these fun facts about Ocean Spray® and Craisins® Dried Cranberries:
- Just 1/4 cup of dried cranberries provide 1/2 cup serving of fruit!
- Craisins® Dried Cranberries are harvested by Ocean Spray’s grower owners – some who’s families have had their farms for generations.
- The first product from Ocean Spray® was jellied cranberry sauce, followed by original Ocean Spray® Cranberry Juice Cocktail hitting the shelves in the early 1930’s, beginning a long tradition of quality, innovation, and success.
- Ocean Spray® was founded over 80 years ago by three cranberry growers on the principles of innovation and resourcefulness, of which the company still prides themselves on today.
- Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. is owned by over 700 cranberry and grapefruit growers in the United States, Canada, and Chile and are currently featured in over 1,000 great-tasting, good-for-you products in more than 100 countries.
No bake, soft & chewy Cranberry Chia Chocolate Chip Granola Bars! #BetterWithCraisins Click To Tweet
What ways do you love to use dried cranberries? Let me know in the comments, then click here to find more great ideas, recipes and a store near you!Print
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
Optional chocolate drizzle:
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients until everything is evenly coated.
- Line an 8X8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Pour the mixture into the dish and spread evenly, pressing down firmly with a rubber spatula or your fingers to ensure the bars are compact.
- If doing the chocolate drizzle: place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds. Stir well to combine, then drizzle on top of the bars.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
- When the bars are set, remove from the fridge and cut into 10 bars. Enjoy!
- To store, keep covered or in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
If you are using refrigerated almond butter you might want to soften it in microwave so it will spread evenly and smoothly throughout the mixture. I microwaved my almond butter and coconut oil together, saving time and dishes!