These Healthy Buffalo Chicken Wraps are great alternative to fast food crispy chicken wraps! Make your own at home for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
Let me just tell you, this is my new favorite recipe. I usually am not a huge fan of hot and spicy foods and blue cheese dressing, but this wrap really hits the spot! I mean, hot shredded chicken, freshly diced veggies, and a little sauce – yum! I made this for a wellness class I was teaching at work, and every time one of my coworkers would come in the kitchen while I was preparing it they all commented, “Wow, it smells really good in here – so fresh!” Prep is a snap and the end result is so tasty. These healthy buffalo chicken wraps make a great alternative to those fast food fried chicken wraps (and making them at home is cheaper and yummier!).
This recipe really is so simple! First, get all of the ingredients out. Dice your veggies (cucumber, celery, and carrots), set aside. Combine the cooked, shredded chicken (a rotisserie chicken might work well if you are pressed for time). and hot sauce in one bowl. Mix it up good so the hot sauce is evenly spread on the chicken. Now it’s time to start putting your wraps together! Layer the ingredients one at a time to the tortilla. After you have added all of the ingredients, wrap it up and enjoy! The veggies and chicken were bursting out of my wraps! My tummy was happy and filled after eating this delicious creation. And think, an entire wrap is only 350 calories! Much better than fast food!Lighten up your lunch with these Healthy Buffalo Chicken Wraps! Click To Tweet
Do you have a healthier homemade version of one of your favorite restaurant items? Let me know in the comments!
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast meat (or grilled chicken strips, cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 tablespoons hot-pepper sauce
- ½ cup reduced-fat blue cheese dressing
- 4 10” whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and diced cucumber
- 1 cup peeled, shredded carrots
- Combine the chicken and hot-pepper sauce in small bowl.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of blue cheese dressing over each tortilla. Arrange ½ cup romaine horizontally down the center of each tortilla. Top each with ½ cup chicken, ¼ cup celery, ¼ cup cucumber, and ¼ cup carrots.
- Fold the sides of each tortilla toward the center. Starting from the bottom, tightly roll the tortilla up to the top.