Switch up Taco Tuesday with this one-pan, healthy Taco Pasta Skillet meal! Easy to prepare and something the whole family will love!
Have you tried themed dinner nights at your house? If you haven’t let me tell you, you need to. They make menu planning SO much easier! All you have to do is look at the theme for the night and find a meal that fits it. For example, Meatless Mondays, Taco Tuesdays and one of my faves, Pizza Fridays. This helps narrow down the endless options of dinners to something more realistic.
One thing to keep in mind when meal planning using themes is to think outside the box. Sometimes I love sticking with something familiar, but other times I love to get creative with it. My pizza board on Pinterest is loaded with traditional and out of the box pizza ideas. Out of the box was what I was thinking when I came up with this Taco Pasta Skillet – and easy, I’m always down for easy dinners.
Switch up #TacoTuesday with this one pot easy + healthy Taco Pasta Skillet Recipe Click To Tweet
This meal is perfect for Taco Tuesdays – or any day of the week, really. It switches things up from the traditional tacos, but takes in all those same great flavors, foods and puts it in a one pot meal. Plus, did I mention it’s healthy? Whole wheat pasta add in fiber, there’s plenty of veggies (including beans!), and lean beef. Go ahead and dig in!
Tell me – Do you use themed nights for meal planning? What are some of your favorites themes or meals? Let me know in the comments!
- 1 pound lean ground beef (at least 85/15)
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 8 oz dry whole wheat pasta
- 2 cups water
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown the hamburger. Add in the diced bell peppers and onions. Cook until the hamburger is fully cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, black beans, taco seasoning, pasta and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover for 15 minutes, stirring half way through. Once the pasta is fully cooked remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle the cheese over top the pasta. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot and enjoy!