Tangy Carrot Hummus Fritters are a delicious and healthy appetizer to share with friends and family on any occasion!
I received free samples of Sabra Hummus mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Hummus is a staple in my household. We always have a container in the fridge. My go-to brand: Sabra, hands down. One of the many reasons I love hummus is it helps my kids eat more vegetables. They will dip away while eating veggies and hummus…sometimes eating more hummus than vegetables, but I’m okay with that.
But did you know that hummus can be used for more than just dipping your carrots or chips in? Hummus is so versatile and can be used in many dishes – another reason I love it so much.
Hummus is a nutrient-rich food made with garbanzo beans. Just 2 spoonfuls of hummus a day will fulfill your bean recommendation for the entire week! Research shows that diets with increased bean consumption are associated with reduced risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes and obesity.
And did you know that National Hummus Day is coming up?! Yep, it’s May 13, 2017. A whole day dedicated to this delicious creation and a very good reason to indulge in it. (You could try my Hummus Chicken Enchiladas for dinner!)
To switch things up a bit for this recipe, I decided to take the carrots I would normally dip in my hummus and combine the two together. The result: Carrot Hummus Fritters.
And oh, how I love this creation! If you like dipping carrots in hummus, you are sure to love these Carrot Hummus Fritters. Plus, they are pretty simple to make. Simply mix all the ingredients together, put on a skillet, cook and you’re done!
Because of the hummus and moisture in it, the fritters are a fairly soft consistency – which makes them a little difficult to flip over. But with a spatula and some careful flipping, these turn out beautifully.Delight your tastebuds with these tangy Carrot Hummus Fritters Click To Tweet
With a dollop of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt and garnished with some chopped cilantro or parsley, you have yourself one delicious appetizer. Don’t worry if you don’t eat them all right away, they also taste great re-heated the next day! M husband and toddlers approved of this recipe and I’m sure you will, too!
Is hummus a staple in your kitchen? What is your favorite way to eat it? Let me know in the comments!
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- ½ cup grated parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg
- sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- chopped cilantro or parsley
- In a medium bowl, stir all ingredients together until well combined.
- Heat a skillet to medium-low heat.
- Taking approximately ¼ cup of the mix at a time, place the mixture on the skillet and slight y pat down with a rubber spatula to form into a patty. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until golden on the bottom, then carefully flip over and cook an additional 5 minutes on the opposite side (or until golden).
- Remove from heat. Serve immediately topped with sour cream or plain Greek yogurt and garnished with chopped cilantro.
Be sure to check out all the other delicious hummus appetizers created by fellow Recipe ReDuxer’s!
Want more hummus recipes? Check these out below: