This Chicken and Corn Curry is an easy, family friendly and delicious dinner recipe you’ll have on the table in less than 30 minutes!
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Libby’s Fruits & Vegetables and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
As a mom I’m always looking for quick, easy and affordable dinner ideas. As a mom and registered dietitian I’m also always looking for healthy meals to feed my family. Planning ahead greatly increases the chances of these things happening. When I’m left last minute scrambling to feed my family with nothing planned, dinner most often end up being less healthy, more expensive and not as satisfying.
Enter: canned fruits and vegetables.
As a trusted leader in the canned produce industry, Libby’s® Fruits & Vegetables has been delivering high-quality, wholesome products to kitchens since its debut in 1868. Libby’s wide variety of shelf-stable, conveniently packed, nutritious and delicious fruit and vegetable products – from Whole Kernel Sweet Corn to Sliced Peaches to Green Beans – help busy families get fast, wholesome meals on the table without sacrificing flavor or nutrition.
I always keep a variety of frozen and canned fruits and vegetables stocked in my kitchen. They often help me get an easy and nutritious meal on the table. Canned vegetables often get a bad reputation for being high in sodium and added sugar – which sometimes they are – but this isn’t always the case. Now many brands and items offer a no salt added (or reduced sodium) and no sugar added varieties. Libby’s has a ‘Naturals’ line of canned vegetables that have no salt or sugar added. They also offer many of their fruits packed in 100% juice.
If I can’t find a no salt added or reduced sodium option, I drain and rinse the vegetables at home. This won’t remove all of the sodium, but can reduce it by up to 40%! To get a vegetable on the table, I’ll take that trade off.
This Chicken and Corn Curry is a meal that checks all the boxes on my dinner wish list: easy, quick, affordable, delicious, kid-approved, and nutritious. Served over some brown rice or quinoa, it makes a great meal!Dinner in less than 30 minutes: Chicken and Corn Curry Click To Tweet
What is your go-to ingredient or meal to get a healthy dinner on the table quick? Let me know in the comments!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 14.5 oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can Libby's Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
- 1⅓ cups unsweetened lite coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2-3 stalks green onion, washed and diced
- Serving suggestion: serve over cooked brown rice or quinoa
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and onion and saute over medium heat until the onion begins to soften. Add in the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder, diced tomatoes, corn and coconut milk. Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with diced green onion. Serve over cooked brown rice or quinoa (optional).
Nutrition info is for the curry alone; it does not include the brown rice.
For more Libby’s information and recipe inspiration, be sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
To check out other Libby’s Chic in a Can Recipes head on over to The Recipe ReDux asap!
Want more easy dinner ideas? Check out the recipes below!